March 09, 2011

A Little Indulgence



So I am spending most of my time working in a project-specific sketchbook and I'm almost at the last page and good heavens it is the worst quality sketchbook I've ever bought.  I can't remember the brand, but it's been on my shelf less than a year, has prematurely yellowed pages, a black faux-canvas cover that melts off in the presence of liquid, and a weak spine that popped off for no reason last night.  Morever, this thing hates water and ink and washes and if i try to draw in it with anything but pencil, it bleeds well into next week. 

So!

These are some sanity-saving warm-up doodles from my good and trusty, archival and dapper watson-guptill books.  What a messy relief.  I love wash over pencil and pencil over wash and plan to include them in future projects, but they're currently relegated to the sidelines because oh man, I could just do them all day, every day. 

3 comments:

  1. This is the kind of work I think of when I think of ttmiyashi.

    Hot stuff man, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. always looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, dudes! i really love working messily, it has always suited my lifestyle ;)

    ReplyDelete