October 26, 2007

Back to Biz

From the strange land of no blogging, I return with many books trod upon.

Recommended reads:


Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil – Makes me want to settle down in a Savannah townhouse and drink gin. Almost.

Isaac the Pirate – Wow. Read in one go, half the time on the can. And I don't spend much time on the can these days. Wow, with flat-cheeked applause.


Feed – M.T. Anderson read Maxim magazine and eavesdropped tweens at the mall while writing this. Needless to say, I love it, unit.

Miracleman : Olympus – Finally caught up with this out of print puppy. Gorgeous art. Ridiculously gorgeous art. Eye-popping stippling action unheard of in Photoshop.


Not recommended reads:

Crooked Little Vein –Wretchedly single layered, a 275 paged scummy film best wiped from memory asap.



And here are some random sketchnook pages:



2 comments:

  1. First is equal parts Devendra and Forest Spirit (of Mononoke fame).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so far probably my favorite pieces (the self portrait in color). I think you should look into being a colorist.

    ReplyDelete